Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Starting Out...

It has been..well, a long time since I touched my first blog. I created that to keep my family, particularly those out of state/overseas, updated on our baby and her astounding cuteness. I got lazy pretty quickly once those far flung relatives joined Facebook. 'Tis far easier to share a billion pictures - which is what I'd take in a day, I think - over the FB. So, it was left by the wayside, though I'm happy to have it as a time capsule of that period.

This blog is the culmination of a few things. I've been cooking a lot, lately. And I'm being inspired a lot by some of the amazing food/cooking blogs that are floating around out here in cyberland. I've also given birth to another baby, and am officially in the worst shape of my life. I know something has to change. Something's got to give. But it doesn't have to be yummy food, right?

Here's the thing. I've always struggled with my weight. Some of it is genetic. Some of it is my deep love for salami and extra cheese pizza. Whatever. But I don't buy into the Oprah-esque philosophy of "I eat to fill a void" or "I eat for comfort". Ummm..I eat because it is delicious. I like food. I like that I like food. Food makes me happy because food is nummy. Leading up to my wedding, and in the year following, I lost over 90 pounds. I did it by counting calories, playing tennis, and not beating myself up or denying myself something I really wanted.

I gained it all back between my two pregnancies, and guess what? It's a lot harder to take off and play two hours of tennis now. And by 'a lot harder' I mean 'Hahahahahahaha...what did you say again?'. My body chemistry is different. My body is different. It's a whole new world. But I know it can be done, because I've done it. All journeys start with a single step, and all that. So, let's get this show on the road!

This is a cooking blog that married a weight loss blog and had little tasty babies. Some things will be healthy. Some recipes will require two packages of cream cheese. Because life should not be lived in extremes, but dancing somewhere in the middle, laughing its fool head off.

(Also, this blog might go on tangents about Mad Men. Sorry.)

No comments:

Post a Comment