Sunday, January 16, 2011

Week 2: Lentils

So, dried lentils were a success! I did a Moroccon Chicken & Lentil Stew. Ish. I'm kind of obsessed with A Year of Slow Cooking. I am also kind of obsessed with cooking with my crock pot - it has been my lifesaver these past 2+ years.

I used her recipe for Moroccan Lentil Soup and her recipe for Indian Spiced Lentils with Chicken as guides, and sort of wung it from there. It was tasty, and (tmi) gave me gas for days. Aren't you glad you know that? I kept it light on the spicy/heat factor because I was giving some to my mom, but otherwise it was tasty.

Which brings us to Week 3: I am stumped. Help me.

3 comments:

  1. you didn't sell me on this recipe. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was feeling super lazy and guilty about not having posted before this. It was good enough that J agreed to eat it for dinner again the next night, and that NEVER EVER happens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. still not feelin' it.
    i think you need to do something on beets. i like beets.

    ReplyDelete