Sunday, January 2, 2011

Auld Lang Syne

Yes, yes - with new years, come new "resolutions". I typically stray away from making resolutions, since when I break them I beat myself up over it. But New Year's truly is the perfect time to start a renewed focus on healthy eating and exercise. Why stress yourself throughout the holidays when there is so much temptation and fattening food? Life is meant to be lived. January marks a cold gray stretch with no (food driven) holidays in sight. Well, Easter looms in the horizon, but I can handle a few chocolate bunnies.

Unfortunately, January also marks the beginning of tax season, aka the four months of the year I work my butt off so I can be home with my girls for the other eight. Working long and funky hours usually means lots of fast food, take out, and lots of late night eating. Hurdles. But acknowledging the hurdles that lay ahead of you before you start the race is better than stepping forward oblivious and tripping over them.

So, here we are. I'm the heaviest I have ever been, excluding my weight when I gave birth to Violet. That's kind of scary. No, that's REALLY scary. This also means I am over 115 lbs away from my previous 'lowest' weight. That sounds like a long uphill battle, and it is. But I've done it once, so I can do it again. Of course, the first time I did it I was unwed and childless and free to go spend two hours playing tennis. Oh, man, I miss tennis. I was terrible, but it sure was fun. I'm sure it'll feel like the blink of an eye before the girls are old enough to bring to the park and we can watch them play as we lob balls around, but right now it seems a lifetime away.

Since I am too self conscious to record my official weight for the anonymous interwebz, we shall mark today's weight as x, and all future as x-5, x-30... Until I feel comfprtable enough with where I am at too tell you what x was today. I know the last time around, I was way happy to tell everyone how huge I had been when I no longer was. Here's looking forward to that day coming again, and here's to everyone else's dreams for themselves in 2011, whatever they may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment